Join Our Team
Expedition Subsahara is seeking a highly organized, proactive and communicative individual to serve as a Warehouse Assistant. The successful candidate will have a love for handmade goods, a passion for maintaining the brand of Expedition Subsahara and enthusiasm for creating a positive customer journey with the other members of our team.Job Description
Working closely with the Creative Director and a Warehouse Associate, this role will help ensure consistent, timely and organized operations in both the front and back-of-house at our physical location in Maryland Heights, Missouri.
Schedule: 15-20 hours per week. Hours are flexible, but candidates must be able to work 4 to 5 days per week.
Compensation: Hourly. Negotiable and dependent on experience.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an efficient system for back-of-house, selecting, packing and shipping orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure a stocked inventory of warehouse and packing supplies such as tape, packing paper, boxes, etc., and communicate needs quickly and effectively.
- Be proactive in planning for customer pickups, ensuring everything is ready before they arrive.
- Develop a working knowledge of top products, customer and inventory needs.
- Relay customer feedback to the team to help create a positive customer journey from start to finish.
- This role can be physically demanding. The ideal candidate can lift up to 50 pounds, reach, bend, climb ladders, and be on their feet for all or most of their shift.
- Highly organized, with an ability to effectively multi-task, solve problems and prioritize both independently and as part of a team.
- A self-motivated individual who takes initiative and holds themselves accountable for both accuracy of their work and meeting deadlines.
Expedition Subsahara was founded as a celebration of Senegalese culture and craftsmanship through radical respect. Expedition Subsahara builds bridges between cultures through the creation of happy baskets for colorful people. Providing authentic, handmade Senegalese goods to the public is just the beginning of our work. Twenty percent of every sale is earmarked for the building of a girls’ STEAM school in Senegal, which will empower young women and give them the opportunity, confidence and education to choose their path in life.